Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Anything Can Happen

I am not guaranteed anything in this life. I'm not promised a special ending or love like a fairy take. I am not entitled to an incredible, care-free life. I may not even leave behind a great legacy. I am only offered THIS life. There are no redos, pauses, or fast-forwwards. There is now, the present. I get to make what I want of it. In the blink of an eye, my plane could crash and all that could be left of me is ash and dust. I could wake up, with cancer consuming my body. I could drive home only to find out Sam or Kaley or Liv or my mom is near death. God never promised me, nor any of us a happy ending. God never promised me an easy life. How I see it: I am always climbing a mountain, uphill. With rocks and trees and straight always. Some moments will be challenging and devastating, while other moments will be joyful and glorious. Yet, this mountain will always radiate HOPE. My life can change instantly, good or bad. That's when I need the hope that God abundantly supplies. If I were to suddenly get cancer or lose my best friend, I would just have to use hope and God alone to keep going.

Six months ago, I never imagined my school headlining every news station possible: "Arapahoe High School Shooting." However, I learned that anything can happen and God will allow the good, the bad and the ugly to occur. While a fellow Warrior was in the hospital, fighting for her life, I hoped and I prayed for Claire to make it. I prayed she would wake up and watch the video from One Direction that they made for her. For 8 days, I was fed more hope than possible. Sadly, it was a somewhat false-hope that I was fed and hungrily ate. Claire had seen the light and is now dancing at the feet of Jesus. Yet another moment of truth revealed in my life- anything can happen. God did not promise me tomorrow or even a full today. But, He did promise me eternal life as long as I believed, as long as I hoped and had faith in something greater than myself. Not everything in life is a tragedy. God also blesses us when we least expect it, like beginning to fall in love with someone. We don't know what life is going to offer us- what God is going to offer us. All we have is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment