Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Storm Rages On

As the week hits the beginning of the end, the stress levels increase, the exhaustion sets in, and the cloud of bad moods hang over my head. This week started out very stressful and enemy provoking. But the enemy has not won and he will never win. Jesus paid our debts and he fought the fight of faith. The Lord has proven time and time again that in a bad situation, He is good and His love endures forever. The Lord has shown that in every circumstance there is always a beautiful and good outcome. The Lord is so so good even on the worst days. Often times I get so wrapped up in all the chaos and bitterness and the mess I'm in, I forget that the Lord has placed me in this situation for a reason and that when I can't handle it all any longer, He will be there by my side ready to fill my cup up again so I can go out and share it. When I am so overwhelmed with worry and fear and doubt more than likely, I become so consumed in the negative that I forget that I have no control over the situation whatsoever. And when I focus on the worry and doubt and fear, I lose the trust that I should be putting in the Lord. But as I was getting out of the shower from an intense prayer with the Lord, He whispered in my ear, "Do not fear, I am with you. Do not worry, put your trust in Me." Oh what a calming and wonderful reminder that the Lord is good and He is faithful. But this wasn't the only time that the Lord had spoke to me today. When I was in the car driving home from Sandburg Elementary, a song was playing. The lyrics go a little something like this: "You are the everlasting God, the everlasting God. You do not faint you won't grow weary. You are the defender of the weak, you comfort those in need. You lift us up on wings like eagles... Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord we will wait upon the Lord we will wait upon the Lord." And in the song, there was a child's voice reciting the verse Isaiah 40: 29-31 which says, " Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." In the midst of the chaos and fear and worry and doubt that the enemy keeps pushing on me, I will not fear. For the Lord is with me fighting the battle. He has already won and He will keep winning time after time. Christ has come and He will come again. I believe. I trust the Lord. He makes all things work together for His good. When I feel overwhelmed and like I am drowning, He is my lighthouse and He is my rock. I won't be shaken. I will come to Him, get my rest and continue to go out and share His unending love.

Matthew 11:28
"Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."

God is so good friends, even in a raging storm. Do not fear, but put your trust in the One Who loves and adores you. Keep up the faith. Put your trust in the Lord.

Sar

No comments:

Post a Comment